The present technological era seems to run only on electric devices. It would not be wrong to say that technological developments are very helpful for everyone including medical students. Now, instead of spending hours and even days in libraries, laptops can help you type a paper in a jiffy and with the internet facility, you can search for any content you want. The best laptop for medical school are the ones that help the students in a miraculous way. A key feature to consider before buying the best laptop for medical students is the power. You need to consider whether you want a high power or easy to carry the laptop. An i5 processor would be one of the greatest choices for medical students since it does not consume too much power and at the same time, it does not get too sluggish.
Since medical history seems to be almost at an infinite level, disk storage over 500GB is highly recommended for a laptop to stand as the best laptop for medical school students in 2017. For the best visualization, a full HD color display is essential along with an exceptionally high-quality video card; other important factor includes battery life. If you want to keep using it throughout your day, you would want a laptop that holds that kind of battery.
Choosing the best laptop for med school may be quite a hassle since they would not probably know a lot about computers. The below-mentioned list is compiled to help students pick the laptop they would like according to their need in class or otherwise. Refer to the list but make sure to consult professionals too since they can always guide you much better!
You may Choose the Best Laptop for Medical School from Below List
Acer Aspire e-15
The Acer Aspire e-15 makes fancy laptops with the latest processor, long battery life and easy to carry with the best features around the market. The laptop holds several versions according to improved processor and storage which makes it one of the best laptops for medical students in 2017.
– 12-hour long battery life
– 15.6” Full HD LED-backlit LCD
– Processor speed up to 2.5 GHz
- Equipped with the Acer color blast technology that gives colors 95% more life than others
- Weighs about 5 pounds only
- Hide drive support size up to 8 TB
- A bit expensive
- Uncomfortable keyboard
Asus Chrome book C202SA-YS02
The Asus Chrome book features an 180-degree hinge along rubber wrapped frames helping you to hold the best grip anywhere. The easy to carry size makes it among the suitable cheap laptop for medical school students. Easy to carry, Chrome OS with cloud storage and long battery life.
– Anti-glare display avoids too much pressure on eyes
– Size and shape specially designed for classrooms
– 6” LED lit screen
- Easily repairable with available parts
- Reasonable Price
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Lacks touchscreen feature
- No DVD/CD Rom
HP 14-an013nr Notebook
When talking about the best laptops, it is unfair to leave out HP. The new HP notebook is 14 inches and is the easiest to carry in your book bag. This mini version of a laptop is perhaps one of the most popular versions of classroom laptops. Out of the many notebooks, HP has introduced, this truly is one of the best laptops for medical students and their feasibilities.
– Advanced HD camera to capture anything you want
– Touch screen included
– WLED backlit HD screen resolution
- Least expensive Windows ten home computer
- eMMC solid-state drive (SSD) speeds up operations
- Easy to carry anywhere
- Only 4 hours battery life
- 32 GB built in storage
Dell Inspiron 15 5000
Equipped with the 6th generation Intel Core i5, this touch screen laptop seems to have everything that makes this laptop suitable medical college students. You may carry it as an accessory or as a study guide anywhere you want; this laptop will not fail to amaze you.
– 3D camera to capture remarkable photos
– Touch screen for easy access
– High-speed processors suitable for multitasking
- Attractive design
- Fast performance
- Dim display
- Shallow keyboard
2017 HP AMD A6-7310
This is the newest edition to the brand of HP in their incredible range. This new laptop has a quad core processor, webcam, Windows ten home, extended storage and what not. This is not only good for classroom purposes but also amazing for surfing the internet on off days.
– AMD 2 GHz processor
– 0.9” thick only
– built in multi speakers
- 500 GB hard drive
- Suitable for multitasking
- WLED backlit display
- Only 5.5 hours of battery life
- Front webcam is VGA
2017 Lenovo 110s
Also known as an Idea Pad, Lenovo has managed to make a smashing comeback in the market with high-quality laptops. The series include the latest 2017 Lenovo 110s. Its, sleek, stylish, and suitable design is such an elegance to take with you anywhere and everywhere!
– Built-in webcam
– One year subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal included
– Energy efficient backlight and LED
- Extremely responsive keyboard
- Supportive touchpad gestures
- Sleek and light weighted
- Low performance of webcam
- No Wi-Fi range
Acer chrome book R11 convertible
The convertible chrome book is extremely fancy and stylish and works its way into the market to be the best laptop for medical school. The machine is equipped with the latest technology which makes it the best of both worlds for surfing and for educational purposes.
– Inter-burst technology process of over 1.6 GHz
– Multi-touch screen fantastic for working at ease
– 360-degree switch display option
- Inexpensive tablet- laptop
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- HD graphics card
- Only 32 GB storage
- Weaker than competitors in resolution and screen
Samsung Chromebook 3
The leading smartphone brand has finally decided to try its luck in producing this laptop which is good and cheap for higher education. This laptop certainly holds some great features and is extremely handy for students around the world.
– Anti-reflective display with image enhancer
– spill-resistant keyboard protects damage
– wireless AC compatibility with your smartphone
- Simple and secure Chrome operating system
- 11 hours battery life
- Uses apps instead of traditional programs
- Not enough memory
Apple MacBook Air – Best macOS Laptop for Medical School Students
Since the evolution of technology, Apple has made sure to produce the best in every field of technology. Even in laptops, the MacBook Air is one of the smartest options for the medical students. None can compare the color and visuals of the Apple laptop.
– Intel HD Graphics 6000 makes colors sharp
– Mac OS x operating system
– Fastest processors
- A wide variety of colors
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Glossy widescreen display
- Low storage
- No model has a retina display
Asus ZenBook UX330UA-AH54
Asus has shot high in the market and with this ultra-thin super-fast laptop; it has made room for itself as one of the best Windows 10 Operating System laptop for medical school/college. The laptop gives an incredibly high performance and is easy to carry anywhere anytime.
– Fast storage system has seen never before
– Built-in fingerprint reader with one touch login
– Windows 10 preinstalled
- Long battery life
- The accurate audio system
- Bright and colorful display
- Uncomfortable touchpad
- USB slot cannot be used for charging
The market is overflowing with laptops. Each one had its features and used for several different purposes. To pick out the best one is not an easy task, this is why if you want to choose the best laptop for medical school, you do not need to search any further. Make a list of all the things you would like and want in your laptop, along with your budget & requirements and choose the laptop from the above list matching with the most tick marks on your list. Always remember to set a budget but do not intentionally aim for the cheap one. Since, you will be stuck with the list for quite some time, make sure to choose the one complying with most of the needs. Consider professionals if you have to. Buy the laptop and start working in a perfect way for your medical school purposes, from writing papers to researching and even using them to make notes in class.