If you are a gaming enthusiast looking for a decent gaming desktop on a budget, then this article is for you!
Gaming desktops serves as the perfect play-station and workstation for gamers and daily users. They are equipped with powerful and fast processors with superior graphics for an unmatched performance. Moreover, the sufficient RAM and storage helps in multitasking. You can run multiple applications and games simultaneously without worrying about lag.
However, price is a significant factor, which needs to be considered during the purchase of any product. Most gaming desktops for advanced games are available at a price range of $700 to $1000 or more. This article is for those gamers under the tight budget of $400.
Here we have provided detailed reviews of the top 6 gaming desktops under $400 available on amazon. We also offer an FAQ section towards the end of the article to help you gain more insight regarding the product.
So, without any more delay, let us dive straight into the article:
Top 6 Gaming Desktops Under 400$
1. HP Pavilion 590 Desktop Computer
The HP Pavilion Desktop computer powered by the 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor and Intel UHD graphics 620 ensure faster and convenient operation. The improved graphics allow you to stream your favorite shows, movies, and games. The sleek and bold model is equipped with 8 GB RAM, allowing you to run multiple applications and games at once.
It also comes with an additional 16 GB optane memory to accelerate the processor-based system. This ensures a responsive and extraordinary gaming experience. Moreover, the sufficient memory enables you to launch applications quickly with a fast boot-up speed.
On the other hand, the 1 TB hard drives offer ample storage space for saving your files, folders, and favorite games. Hence, with this desktop you can creative, save, and share.
- Processor: 8th generation Intel 6 Cores i5-8400 processor (2.8 GHz up to 4.0 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM + 16 GB Optane memory
- Storage: 1 TB HDD
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 4 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI plug-in, headphone/microphone combo
- Connectivity: WLAN and Bluetooth 4.2
- Three times faster wireless Bluetooth transmitter
- Free 25 GB Dropbox space for 12 months
- 5.1 surround sound
- Unique slim and bold design and style
- Includes wireless keyboard and mouse
- Faster, easier, and quiet operation
- Custom power supply is small
- Buy this item
2. Dell OptiPlex 990
Achieve the best gaming experience on the Dell Optiplex 990. It is powered by the robust Intel Quad Core i5 processor to ensure smooth and lag-free performance. The upgraded 16 GB RAM enables you to run multiple programs at once. Hence, you can also run your favorite games without worrying about lag.
The model is equipped with a 20-inch monitor, USB keyboard, and USB mouse to ensure a full package. Moreover, the massive hard drive storage of 2 TB enables you to store files, music, videos, game progress, and more. With the Dell Optiplex 990, you can play, store photos, stream music, and much more. Hence, it is suitable for gamers, students, business people, and daily users.
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i5 processor (up to 3.10 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Memory: 16 GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage: 2 TB HDD
- Weight: 16 pounds
- Ports: USB 2.1, HDMI, headphone/microphone combo jack
- Connectivity: USB WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Included 20-inch monitor, USB keyboard, and USB mouse
- Windows 10 OS comes with built-in security against viruses and malware
- Organize, share, and edit photos with ease
- Search for things quickly with the start menu and search bar
- Monitor is not up to the mark
3. Lenovo ThinkCentre M91 Desktop PC Computer
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M91 desktop computer is configured with Intel’s powerful i5 processor. Hence, it ensures reliable and lightning fast performance for an exceptional gaming experience. Equipped with 8 GB RAM, you can use the desktop to multitask and load games in any situation. It prevents lag by ensuring smooth and efficient operation.
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M91 is also customized with 1 TB hard drive for storing applications, photos, videos, movies, games, and more. You can download various games and applications with the seamless WiFi connection. Also, don’t worry about viruses and other malware as the latest Windows 10 OS comes with built-in security.
The desktop features a diverse range of ports for extensive connectivity. The display port technology enables you to easily connect to large and multiple monitors. Hence, it is a recommended choice at an affordable price!
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i5 Processor (up to 3.10 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Memory: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage: 1 TB HDD
- Weight: 16 pounds
- Ports: VGA, Display port, 2 USB 2.0, 4 USB 3.0, serial port, power connector, microphone line-in/out jacks, Ethernet port
- Includes a mouse and keyboard
- Ensures a reliable, fast, and consistent performance
- Easily connect to large and multiple monitors via the display port
- Seamless built-in wireless connectivity
- Built-in security against viruses and malware
- Easy to set-up
- Free of bloatware
- No negative points were seen so far
4. Periphio 560 Gaming PC Desktop Computer
The Periphio 560 is the ideal entry-level gaming desktop for aspiring gamers. It features a sleek black chassis with silver accents, which gives it a stunning look. The model is equipped with the Intel Quad Core i5 processor that comes with a turbo boost speed of up to 3.2 GHz. Your gaming experience is further enhanced with the AMD Radeon RX 550.
It is capable of bring games like Fortnite, League of Legends, and DOTA 2 to life. The improved frames per second enhance the visuals of the game. On the other hand, the 8 GB DDR3 RAM helps in running all your favorite games smoothly and efficiently. You can also perform various other productive and computing tasks on this desktop in a lag-free manner.
Also, the extensive connectivity helps you browse the internet, transfer files, stream movies, organize and share photos, and much more. Hence, this is a suitable option available at a price that is a bit higher than 400.
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i5 processor (turbo boost speed up to 3.2 GHz)
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4 GB RAM
- Memory: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage: 128 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD
- Ports: 1 HDMI, 1 display port, 8 USB 2.0, 3 USB 3.0, 1 RJ-45 network Ethernet
- Supports secure and seamless Wi-Fi connectivity
- Sleek black MicroATX chassis with silver accents
- Killer console
- Massive storage space
- Built with three fans to prevent the unit from overheating
- Slow download speeds
5. Dell Vostro 3670
The Dell Vostro 3670 is an ideal business desktop computer, but who says it can’t be used for gaming purposes? Powered by the 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor, the desktop ensures high performance with a smooth gaming experience. This is enhanced by the Intel UHD 630 Graphics, which bring the gaming visuals to life.
The model is also equipped with 8 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD for ample storage and data transfer. The sufficient memory enables you to multitask with efficiency. Moreover, the seamless WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to browse the internet to download movies and latest games. These are easily stored in the hard drive for your convenience.
- Processor: 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor (6 Cores, 2.8 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD 630 Graphics
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage: 1 TB SATA 3.5-inch hard drive
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, HDMI + VGA, media card reader
- Wireless Connectivity: Dell wireless 1707 card (802.11BGN + Bluetooth 4.2) 2.4 GHz
- Includes a keyboard and mouse
- High performance processor
- Dual monitor support
- Ensures quiet operation
- The 1 TB HDD is slow
6. HP Z230 Workstation Gaming Computer Desktop
The HP Z230 is a versatile desktop computer equipped with the powerful Intel Core i5 processor. The stunning graphics and video card enhance your visual experience. It brings the game to life, giving you a realistic and immersive gaming experience. Moreover, this desktop computer includes 8 GB RAM for smooth multitasking and fast data transfer.
You can perform various other tasks, including browsing the internet, streaming movies, storing photos, and much more. The ample storage of 2 TB HDD and 120 GB SSD enable you to store your games, movies, files, photos, etc. The HP Z230 ensures maximized power and utility for an efficient and smooth working/playing experience.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 processor
- Graphics: 4 K NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 Graphics with 4 GB dedicated memory
- Memory: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage: 120 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD
- Weight: 21.2 pounds
- Ports: 4 USB 3.0, 6 USB 2.0, 1 headphone, 1 microphone, 2 PS/2, RJ-45, 1 audio line-in, 1 audio line-out, HDMI, VGA
- Extensive connectivity for file transfer
- Not bulky
- Ensure fast and smooth operation
- Suitable for everyday use
- Requires an adapter for connecting to monitor
FAQs about Gaming Desktop
How much RAM do I need for gaming?
The minimum RAM required for running most games in a lag-free and efficient manner is 8 GB. It ensures smooth performance with some restrictions on graphics. You will require improved graphics for playing advanced and the latest PC games. Hence, a gaming desktop with 16 GB RAM is optimal for gaming.
How much does a decent gaming PC cost?
The average cost of a decent gaming PC or desktop ranges between $700 to $1000. However, if you wish to run high-end, advanced games at a frame rate of 60+, then you will require a desktop costing $2000 or more.
Is a gaming PC worth it?
A gaming PC is equipped with powerful processors and graphics co-processors. Also, the sufficient memory and storage enable you to run advanced games with efficiency. You can easily play new games regularly while achieving the desired life-like gaming experience. Hence, gaming desktops are definitely worth the price.
A decent gaming desktop or PC can be purchased or built within the price range of $1000 to $1500.
Is it cheaper to build or buy a gaming PC?
It is cheaper to build a gaming PC than buying a pre-built one from the market. However, build a PC will require time. Also, there is always a risk of damaging components and valuable parts. Hence, building a PC is cheaper, but it may cause inconvenience to the user during the building process.
Are Dell gaming PCs good?
Dell is a leading manufacturer of laptops and desktops. Hence, Dell gaming PCs are reliable options worth the price. The Dell desktops, specially designed for gaming purposes, should be equipped with powerful Intel i5 or i7 processors. It should also come with a dedicated graphics card, sufficient memory, and adequate storage.
Are HP desktops good for gaming?
HP gaming desktops are configured with powerful processor and graphics for unmatched game play. So, when paired with a suitable display, then expect nothing but the best. These desktop computers enhance your gaming experience by bringing the visuals to life. Accompanied by exceptional audio, the HP gaming desktop ensures an immersive feel.
You can also multitask with efficiency on HP computers. The sufficient memory and storage allow you to run various programs and applications with ease. Hence, HP desktops are suitable for gaming.
Gaming desktops are specially designed for professional gamers. The powerful processors and improved graphics ensure a smooth and efficient gaming experience. There are various desktops suitable for gamers. You can also get a decent gaming desktop under the budget of $400.
These laptops may not be ideal for high-end games, but they are impressive options at a very affordable price.
On this note, we come to the end of our comprehensive and informative guide to the best gaming desktops under $400. After thorough research, we have shortlisted the best gaming desktops for your convenience.
Here we have reviewed the top 6 gaming desktops under 400 to help you make an informed purchase. We hope this article helps!